QWERTY Device Supports Active CDMA-GSM SIM Combination
- New device is a social networking wonder with dual active-SIM capability
- CG588 combines sleek looks and seamless high-capacity wireless access
- Special offer from Tata Indicom on both voice & data—1 GB data free & 250 local On Net minutes, plus 250 local Off Net minutes and 250 SMS
- Introductory offer—2 GB Micro SD Card free
Tata Teleservices Limited, the country’s fastest-growing dual-technology telecom service provider, and Fly Mobile, the mobile handset brand of UK-based Meridian Group, today announced the launch of an exciting new handset—the CG588—loaded with a full QWERTY keypad, mobile e-mail service and on-the-fly access to social networking sites. The Fly CG588 has a special active dual-SIM combination of CDMA and GSM, allowing users greater flexibility in choosing their operator of choice. The handset comes pre-loaded with Fly Buzz!—a potent combination of Nimbuzz! and Snaptu applications—which help users stay connected on multiple popular platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, etc., at speeds of up to 153 Kbps.
The phone is priced at Rs 4,795.
“The new handset, CG588, is an exciting handset with an alluring form factor, enabling customers to have a differentiated telecom experience,” Mr Sunil Batra, President of CDMA Operations at Tata Teleservices Limited, said. “The device is an affordable solution for those who want to stay connected to the Internet and access information services on their mobile phones, while having the convenience and dependability of a high-performance dual-SIM CDMA-GSM handset. The phone has an ergonomic QWERTY keyboard and makes for easy navigation, communication and Internet access. We are delighted to partner with the Meridian Group and look forward to many such alliances to further enrich our repertoire of state-of-the-art handsets,” he added.
The Fly CG588 is bundled with an attractive offer from Tata Indicom for both voice and data usage. With a first recharge ofRs 104, customers will get 1 GB free data usage, 250 local On Net minutes, 250 Local Off Net minutes and 250 SMSs worthRs. 1,500. With this offer, Fly CG588 will take mobile messaging and social networking deeper into the Indian market, making it easy to access and use for a wider array of the country’s telecom users.
Mr Prem Kumar, Chief Executive Officer of Meridian Telecom, India, said: “We are very excited about the launch of the CG588 with Tata Teleservices Limited. CG588 is a feature-rich handset with a full QWERTY keypad and easy access to the Internet for surfing. The dual-SIM capabilities of the phone, offering both CDMA and GSM operation, is not just a strong USP in metropolitan cities, but is also highly appreciated in Tier II and Tier III towns. Today’s youth want to be connected on the go and carry a mobile phone that has an attitude—the CG588 is yet another product from our stable that is in keeping with our stated objective of providing best-in-class technology and style at an affordable price point.”
1) CDMA+GSM active dual SIM combination—Supports both Voice and Data up to 153Kbps on the same bandwidth configuration, offering high performance, high-capacity wireless Internet access
2) Mid-end QWERTY phone with five-way scroll
3) Dedicated camera key and volume key
4) Fly Buzz!—Combination of Nimbuzz! and Snaptu applications which provide on-the-go access to Facebook, Twitter, Google Talk, Yahoo! and MSN Messenger, Flickr, etc.
5) 5.8-cm 262K color TFT display
6) 1.3-Mega Pixel Camera and video player with recording capabilities
7) MP3 audio player, FM radio, 3.5-mm universal audio jack
8) Expandable memory up to 4 GB
9) WAP & Bluetooth support
10) CDMA USB modem—The CG588 can be connected to the computer for Internet browsing
11) 1500 mAH battery—300 hours of stand-by time, up to 8 hours hours of talk-time on CDMA and GSM networks