~ Seamless HSD Connectivity Goes LIVE On Delhi – Jaipur stretch of National Highway 08 ~
· The 265 KM long Delhi – Jaipur stretch of NH 08 is amongst the busiest highways in the country; drawing heavy tourist and commercial traffic.
· Using the innovative MTS TV, customers will now be able to enjoy Live TV and On demand Video channels on the go.
· The Company has so far invested over 3 billion US dollars in its telecom operations in the country.
· For enhanced customer experience, the company plans to put in place a robust retail network along all the activated Super Fast Internet Highways.
Sistema Shyam TeleServices that nationally provides telecom services under the brand MTS with over 12 million wireless subscribers today announced the launch of seamless HSD connectivity across the 265 KM long Delhi – Jaipur stretch of National Highway 08. This particular stretch of NH 08 is one of the busiest highways in the country. The roll-out is part of a larger blueprint wherein, the Company plans to provide seamless HSD connectivity on some of the busiest National Highways across the country. (more…)
~Earmarks an investment of Rs 75 crore for expansion of its services in the circle during 2011~
- MTS’ HSD services are available in Kolkata and 18 leading towns of the Circle
- The company is credited for launching a range of innovative voice and data products at various price points.
- MTS has established a robust network of over 45000 retailers and more than 100 branded retail outlets across 100 towns & over 10000 villages
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) that nationally operates its telecom services under the MTS brand with over 12 million wireless customers today announced it’s achievement of crossing the 2 million customer milestone in Kolkata & West Bengal Circle. To further strengthen the presence in the circle the company has also earmarked an investment of Rs. 75 crore for expansion of its services during 2011.
According to, Keshhav Tiwary, Chief Operating Officer, Kolkata & West Bengal circle, MTS India, “We at MTS are extremely happy to achieve the 2 million customer milestone in West Bengal. It is significant for us to have attained such a customer base in an extremely competitive market. Additionally, we plan to invest Rs 75 crore during 2011 for expansion of our network offering world class experience to our valued customers in the circle.” (more…)
~ MBlaze Services now available across 35 Towns across Karnataka Circle ~
- MTS Plans to invest over Rs 100 Crore for the expansion of business in Karnataka during FY 2011
- MBlaze – The high-speed mobile broadband service of MTS is supported by a robust network of close to 19,500 retail outlets and 100 company flagship stores across Karnataka.
- Additionally, MTS using its High Speed Data network, also brings in the innovative MTS TV service – provides access to Live TV and Video on Demand to customers
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) that nationally operates its telecom services under the MTS brand with over 11 million wireless customers today announced the launch of its high-speed mobile broadband service, MBlaze in eight towns - Chitradurga, Hospet, Bidar, Dodaballpur, Chikmagalur, Bagalkote, Karwar and Sarjapur. This latest roll out extends the current MBlaze footprint to 35 towns across the state.
According to Suresh S Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh circles, MTS India, “We are excited to expand the MBlaze network to eight more towns across Karnataka circle. Our high speed mobile broadband service is now available in 35 towns in Karnataka. We plan to invest over Rs. 100 Crore for expansion of our business in Karnataka. This expansion is in line with our endeavor to make high speed mobile broadband services available to maximum number of customers in the shortest possible time.” (more…)
~Also receives overwhelming response to its Rights Issue of INR 194 crores from all Its existing shareholders ~
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd (SSTL) today announced the allotment of shares to the Russian Federation. The company issued 54,73,12,918 equity shares to the Federal Agency for State Property Management of the Russian Federation (“Rosimushchestvo”) against the funds equivalent of INR 26,988 million (i.e. US$ 600 million approx) received in December 2010.
All formalities relating to the allotment of shares were however completed on 25th March, 2011. Prior to this share allotment, SSTL also issued 19,06,49,582 equity shares to its existing shareholders including the Indian promoters i.e. the Shyam Group. The rights issue, launched in middle of February, 2011 and closed on 8th March, 2011 was done to accommodate the foreign direct investment by the Russian Federation (RF) into SSTL. The rights issue was open to all existing share holders of SSTL excluding Sistema (LSE: SSA). The objective of opting for the rights issue was to provide equal opportunity to all the existing shareholders in the new proposed equity structure of the company. With all formalities relating to the rights issue complete and with the allotment of shares to RF also getting closed, the paid up capital of SSTL now stands at INR 3193.92 crores. (more…)
Adds over 4.9 lakh voice and over 15,000 data customers in just 16 months~
- Company on track with its investment plans of USD 180 million, earmarked to develop telecom infrastructure and services in Bihar and Jharkhand.
- MTS credited for establishing a network of 25000 retailers across 282 towns & over 25000 in the twin states.
- Company has also drawn plans to further expand its rural presence from 25,000 to 30,000 villages by Q1 2011. Additional plans also include expanding retail presence from 25,000 to 40,000 retail outlets by Q2 2011.
- Future plan include reaching 1 million voice and 30,000 customer milestone by Q2 2011.
- MTS is recognized to be the First Telecom Company in India to launch High Speed Mobile Broadband Services in the state of Jharkhand with speed up to 3.1 Mbps.