- CUSTOMER BASE AT 126 MILLION, UP 34%
- AGAINST 94 MILLION IN THE CORRESPONDING QUARTER LAST YEAR
- NET PROFIT OF RS. 480 CRORE (US$ 107 MILLION), UP 7.7% AGAINST RS. 446 CRORE (USD 99 MILLION) IN THE SEQUENTIAL QUARTER
- EBITDA AT RS. 1,668 CRORE (US$ 373 MILLION)
- AGAINST RS. 1,660 CRORE (US$ 369 MILLION) – INCREASE BY 0.5% SEQUENTIALLY
- EBITDA MARGIN INCREASED FROM 32.4% TO 33.3%, WHICH IS HIGHEST IN THE COUNTRY
- REVENUE AT RS. 5,004 CRORE (US$ 1,119 MILLION), AGAINST RS. 5,118 CRORE (US$ 1,139) IN THE SEQUENTIAL QUARTER
- REVENUE MARGINALLY DECLINED DUE TO CONSCIOUS STRATEGY OF MOVING AWAY FROM LOW MARGIN BUSINESSES
- STRONG FOCUS ON MORE PROFITABLE DATA AND VAS SERVICES
- ENTERPRISE & GLOBALCOM EBITDA REPRESENTS 37% OF CONSOLIDATED EBITDA MAINTAINING STEADY PERFORMANCE
Reliance Communications Limited (RCOM) today announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2010. (more…)
A 3G ready mobile phone application that bridges the gap between social networks and everyday mobile usage.
· Follow friends on different social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn through a single client.
Reliance Communications, India’s largest and only nationwide operator offering both GSM and CDMA mobile services, today announced the launch of its trendy new VAS application – Socially, made available through its data portal RWorld. The new application is designed to enable users to follow the recent activity of friends and to update their status on different social networks like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn through a single client.
Socially also shows up-to-date social information of the caller during an incoming call and collates significant events across social networks and pushes them as alerts on select smartphones supporting the application, enabling users to have better conversations.
Mr. Krishna Durbha, Head – VAS, Reliance Communications, said, “An address book is at the core of mobile usage. In it a user stores all the critical people he or she networks with, of which one application is making voice calls &SMS. Now with this service, Reliance Communications has empowered its consumers and made the phone address book far more powerful & linked it to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn. In future, the use will also be extended to video calls & other cool enablers for a person’s social network.”
The application is extremely secure and brings a host of other interesting features such as alerts of friends’ activities on the idle phone screen.
Nagesh Rao, Founder, Antarix Networks, said, “We are delighted to partner with RCOM to launch this 3G social service. Social Networks have moved from hype to now being used by most web consumers. Our vision for Socially is to provide a social OS layer on top of mobile phones; embedding social info into the address book, calls, idle screen.”
Socially is downloadable from RWorld and users can subscribe to the service @ Rs. 10 / 30 days without having to pay any additional browsing charges.
- THE END-TO- END agreement will encompass nationwide Telecom infrastructure INCLUDING Towers & Transmission
- THE agreement OF OVER Rs 10,000 crores (USD 2.2 BN) IS FOR a period OF 10 years
- This will be THE largest agreement OF its kind IN THE Indian Telecom sector
Etisalat DB & Reliance Communications, in a significant move today announced a long term passive infrastructure sharing agreement which will accelerate Etisalat DB Telecom’s forthcoming roll-out of telecom services in India. Under the terms of the agreements, Etisalat DB and its subsidiary would outsource their Telecom infrastructure requirements for the 15 telecom circles, encompassing end-to-end tower and transmission infrastructure to Reliance Infratel Limited and Reliance Communications Limited, respectively. (more…)
Mumbai, May 26, 2009: The Equity shareholders of Reliance Communications Limited
(RCOM) at their Meeting convened as per the Order of the Hon’ble High Court of
Judicature at Bombay, held on 26th May, 2009, have approved the Scheme of
Arrangement (Scheme) between RCOM and Reliance Infratel Limited for demerger of
the Optic Fiber Division of RCOM to Reliance Infratel Limited under Sections 391 to 394
of the Companies Act, 1956, with the requisite majority. Reliance Infratel is the
Subsidiary of RCOM.
The demerger of Optic Fiber Division of RCOM would benefit the respective companies
and the stakeholders on account of:
(a) Reduced set-up and operating costs resulting in cost efficiency coupled with a
greater financial flexibility;
(b) Segregation of the business of providing telecommunication services and the
business of providing Infrastructure on a consolidated basis, thereby enabling each
of the companies to concentrate on its core business activities;
(c) Promote high valued standalone business by conversion of cost-centric assets to
revenue-centric ones by sharing of the Infrastructure of Reliance Infratel Limited
with other wireless service providers operating in the same field.
The said Scheme is now subject to requisite approvals and sanctions, inter-alia of
Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Bombay.
About Reliance Communications
Reliance Communications Limited founded by the late Shri Dhirubhai H Ambani (1932-
2002) is the flagship company of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. The
Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group currently has market capitalization of around Rs
1,65,000 crore (US$ 35.1 Bn), net worth in excess of Rs 64,000 crore (US$ 13.6 Bn),
operating cash flow of Rs 13,000 crore (US$ 2.8 Bn) and net profit of around Rs 8,400
crore(US$ 1.8 Bn).
Reliance Communications is India’s foremost and truly integrated telecommunications
service provider. The Company, with a customer base of over 77 million including over 2
million individual overseas retail customers, ranks among the Top 10 Telecom
companies in the world by number of customers in a single country. Reliance
Communications corporate clientele includes 2,100 Indian and multinational
corporations, and over 800 global, regional and domestic carriers.
Reliance Communications has established a pan-India, next generation, integrated
(wireless and wireline), convergent (voice, data and video) digital network that is capable
of supporting best-of-class services spanning the entire communications value chain,
covering over 20,000 towns and 450,000 villages. Reliance Communications owns and
operates the world’s largest next generation IP enabled connectivity infrastructure,
comprising over 175,000 kilometers of fibre optic cable systems in India, USA, Europe,
Middle East and the Asia Pacific region.
- Roll-OUT marks THE completion OF Rs 10,000 crores COMMITTED investment
- Reliance announces world.s largest customer experience programme
- GSM service TO be available nationwide IN OVER 11,000 towns THROUGH 2,000 EXCLUSIVE retail stores AND OVER 1 million retailers
- Fastest NETWORK launch covering 1 billion people WITHIN 11 months
- Project 6 months ahead OF schedule. Reliance completing IN 15 months what other operators have taken 15 years TO COMPLETE
- State OF THE art NEXT generation GSM NETWORK WITH digital voice clarity AND India.s FIRST nationwide enhanced EDGE FOR FAST internet ACCESS
- Reliance.s NO. 1 CDMA NETWORK IS now supported BY India.s strongest GSM NETWORK. WITH this, Indians will have THE UNIQUE proposition OF being able TO CHOOSE BETWEEN two nationwide world CLASS networks
Reliance Communications will, over the next few days, launch a nationwide enhanced GSM service covering over 1 billion people. (more…)
- HTC AND Reliance Communications strengthen their partnership AND commitment TO jointly develop AND promote NEXT Generation CDMA Devices FOR Indian consumers THROUGH THE HTC Touch Diamond – CDMA (P3051)
- THE HTC Touch Diamond – CDMA (P3051) . A perfect combination OF high END features, intuitive usability AND a stylishly crafted design
- Features HTC.s NEW captivating 3D touch INTERFACE called TouchFLO 3D AND a customized NEW, HTC-developed YouTubeTM application FOR watching a variety OF USER GENERATED video content
Reliance Communications, India’s largest integrated telecom service provider and HTC Corporation (TAIEX: 2498; “HTC”), a global leader in mobile phone innovation and design, today announced a strategic alliance to introduce the innovation-packed HTC Touch Diamond – CDMA (P3051) in India. The announcement further strengthens the successful partnership between HTC and Reliance Communication to introduce superior and world-class mobile phones for the Indian market in the fast growing CDMA market in India. (more…)
- India’s FIRST Pre-paid BLACKBERRY Service
- EXTENDS reach OF BLACKBERRY smartphones TO OVER 200 million prepaid users IN India.
Reliance Communications and Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the launch of India’s first prepaid service for the BlackBerry wireless solution. This first of its kind ‘pay as you use’ pricing model in India is in line with Reliance Communications’ strategy to extend BlackBerry services to customers who are looking for cost-effective options, flexibility and control over their expenses for wireless services. (more…)
- Net profit up BY 23.9% TO Rs. 1,512 crore (US$ 352 Million)
- Revenues higher BY 23.7% AT Rs. 5,322 crore (US$ 1,240 Million).
- Ebitda higher BY 24.0% AT Rs. 2,250 crore (US$ 524 Million)
- RCOM IS THE most profitable integrated telecom company IN india ebitda margin expands FROM 42.2% TO 42.3%, highest IN india
- Net worth expands TO Rs. 26,419 crore (US$ 6.2 billion) AND net debt-equity ratio placed AT a conservative 0.49 : 1.
- Aggressive NETWORK expansion accelerated WITH Rs. 6,969 crore (US$ 1.6 billion) capital expenditure during THE quarter
- Company ON track FOR capex OF Rs. 25,000 crore (US$ 6 bn) FOR fy2009.
Reliance Communications Limited (RCOM) today announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2008. (more…)
- RCOM – Asia’s 5th Mobile OPERATOR TO serve 50 Mn subscribers
- RCOM adds 1.74 Mn Mobile Subscribers IN June 2008.
- RCOM adds 5 Mn subscribers IN Q1 2008
Mumbai: July 21, 2008: Reliance Communications, India’s largest integrated telecom service provider, today announced adding 1.74 Million new mobile subscribers during the month of June 2008. With the 1.74 Mn new mobile customers added in June, the highest ever monthly subscriber addition, Reliance Communications has achieved the unique distinction of being the Worlds youngest and Asia’s 5th mobile operator to serve 50 Million Mobile customers. (more…)
FIRST PUBLIC Sector Bank TO GO mobile ON R World
RCOM-FIRST Telecom OPERATOR TO offer Mobile Banking Service TO a PUBLIC Sector Bank
Service TO benefit Corp. Bank’s 8 million customers across THE nation
Mumbai, March 27, 2008 : Reliance Communications, India’s foremost truly integrated telecommunications service provider, and Corporation Bank, a Premier Public Sector Bank in the country have joined hands to provide seamless mobile banking service to their customers across the nation
Reliance Communications has already been providing mobile banking services to customers in private banks like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and IDBI Bank. However, it is the first time and the first telecom operator in India to offer such a service to a public sector bank. (more…)