..pushes the limits of innovation with their first 3D-enabled multimedia features
HTC Corporation, a global leader in mobile innovation and design today unveiled the HTC EVO 3D based on Snapdragon S3 mobile processor at Qualcomm’s signature event, India On 2011. HTC EVO 3D takes the mobile multimedia experience to a new level, providing the ability to capture and not only view in 3D through a brilliant high-definition display, but also share at fast speeds, offering consumers the ultimate glasses-free 3D experience
Built with the Gingerbread (2.3) version of Android, HTC EVO 3D features first QHD 3D 4.3-inch display and a powerful 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor. HTC EVO 3D also features dual 5 megapixel cameras, which can be used to capture both high-quality conventional and stunning 3D images and videos, opening up new frontiers for user-generated content, social networking and streaming video.
“We are proud to collaborate with Qualcomm to present another technological breakthrough device from HTC, the EVO 3D-the first smartphone available in the Indian market offering a superior 3D viewing experience without glasses. We are confident that the HTC EVO 3D will set a benchmark for 3D viewing and our consumers will make best use of this offering,” said Mr Faisal Siddiqui, Country Head, HTC-India”.
“Qualcomm congratulates HTC on the launch of the HTC EVO 3D powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 mobile processor. This device opens up a new dimension for capturing, consuming and interacting with 3D content on the move. The powerful and power-efficient asynchronous dual core CPUs coupled with their rich 3D and HD capabilities of Adreno 220 GPU and integrated support for stereoscopic 3D in Snapdragon, enable an immersive glasses-free 3D experience for Indian consumers.” said Dr. Sandeep Sibal, Country Manager and VP, Business Development, Qualcomm India and South Asia.
As 3D has become more sought-after in both movie theatres and family rooms, the ability to enjoy glasses free 3D on a wireless phone will change the way customers interact with their devices. According to The NPD Group’s 3D 360° Monitor (September 2010), consumers show a high degree of interest in working with personal media in 3D (with one-third saying they would like to take photos in 3D). For details, visit http://www.3dmarkettrends.com.
The countless ways customers benefit from HTC EVO 3D’s dynamic ability to capture and playback video in 3D include:
- Real estate agents can create and share 3D virtual tours of homes that let out-of-town buyers “walk through” the house and truly experience the listings before they can see them live;
- 3D mapping of terrain will help build new and exciting features for navigation, and hikers will be able to get aerial views of the topography of rivers and mountains while in the backcountry; and
- Families can “relive” the excitement of their vacation and feel like they are there again.
“At HTC, we believe in offering a wide portfolio of beautifully designed, powerful and highly customizable devices for our customers, and the HTC EVO 3D does just that,” said Mr Lennard Hoornik, President of HTC South Asia Pacific. “As HTC continues to push the limits of innovation, we are looking forward to deliver more and more innovative products such as the HTC EVO 3D to our customers.”
According to ABI Research (Dec. 20, 2010) mobile 3D devices will be driven by three key applications: creation of user-generated 3D content by integrated video and still cameras, playback of 3D content and 3D gaming. It also anticipates that mobile devices may turn out to be the most successful form factor towards bringing 3D technology into mainstream markets.
With integrated 3D HD (720p) video capture and the latest version of the acclaimed HTC Sense experience, HTC EVO 3D makes it possible to become part of the action and then easily and seamlessly post high-quality video to YouTube or Facebook, or share moments in real time over the Internet live, via Qik. Its integrated DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) capability makes it fast and easy to share stored music, pictures and user-generated HD video wirelessly with other DLNA-certified home electronics, including HDTVs, monitors, digital cameras, printers and more. Using an HDMI cable (sold separately) makes it possible to also share user-created 3D video content via a 3D TV.
Additional key features of HTC EVO 3D include:
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- 3G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor with 1.2GHz dual core
- Android Market for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Voice Actions, and YouTube
- Corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP and IMAP) e-mail and instant messaging
- 4GB Internal memory/1GB RAM
- microSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Integrated GPS
- 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Pricing & Availability
The HTC EVO 3D will be available at a Market Operating Price of Rs. 35,990* at all authorized HTC resellers across the country.
* Price may vary according to the local applicable taxes